A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when there is a sudden blow to the head or a whiplash-type injury which may cause tearing of the internal lining, tissues or blood vessels of the brain. This damage to the brain may cause bruising, swelling or bleeding. The most common brain injuries are from motor vehicle accidents, falls, sport injuries or abuse. A concussion is a form of brain injury. After suffering a brain injury, you may experience symptoms which are mild to severe; it is important you understand the12 warning signs:
- Loss of Consciousness – seconds to minutes
- Dazed, confused or disoriented
- Headache – especially if it gets worse
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue, drowsiness or difficulty sleeping
- Problems with speech and communication
- Ringing of the ears or hearing loss
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Dilation of pupil of the eye or blurred vision
- Loss of motor function
- Poor concentration, focus or memory loss
- Depression, anxiety or changes in personality
WHY CHOOSE OUR LAW FIRM?
The full extent of your brain injury may not be completely understood immediately after the accident but may be revealed with comprehensive medical examinations and diagnostic testing.
James R. Murphy, Jr. and John D. Barron of James R. Murphy, Jr., A Law Corporation are experienced with traumatic brain injury cases and will work with you to find the best medical providers to assist you in your diagnosis and recovery.