When injured in an accident, you deserve an aggressive attorney who understands the physical, emotional, and economic hardships associated with an injury. Our team fights for our clients like family and are available 7 days a week to help you and your loved ones.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Decades of Experience
Central Coast Trial Lawyer of the Year
more times than any attorney
in the history of the organization.
verdict in San Luis Obispo County.
in all of San Luis Obispo County and has a
track record of obtaining settlements and
jury verdicts 20 times greater than the offers
from the insurance companies.
from UCLA in 1970 and
UCLA School of Law in 1974.
This has provided John with incredible knowledge and
insight into how insurance companies
undervalue personal injury claims.
and awarded the Dean’s Scholarship
recover millions of dollars for his clients
through settlement and trial.
California Polytechnic University in
San Luis Obispo before completing
his legal education in 2010
at Pepperdine University.
Jim and his team devoted themselves to our case. Knowing how important this case was to us, they never stopped working. Even when the insurance company refused to settle the case, Jim continued to have faith and hope and encouraged me to have faith and hope. We love Jim; we can never thank him enough for what he has done for our family.
I was referred to Jim after my husband passed away. At the time I called, Jim was on summer vacation. To my surprise he called me while on his family vacation. From the first phone conversation I knew I was referred to one of the top-notch lawyers in the state. Jim and his staff worked tirelessly on our case. Jim is very caring and incredibly smart. He treats you like family, not just another case. I can honestly say he is the best lawyer I have ever found. I highly recommend him and his staff.
My husband was referred to Jim after his accident. Our first consultation with Jim we knew he was a very smart and caring lawyer. Jim and John Barron fought like bulldogs to win our case. His staff treats you like family and works tirelessly. We give Jim and his staff 5 stars.
Jim and his staff are loyal and make you feel like you are their only client and passionately fight for you with all they have. They were awesome through a really difficult time. They are professional but most of all the office is full of good-hearted people.
Our family found it extremely difficult to find an attorney who would be willing to take on a giant automaker in a complicated products liability case. Most attorneys did not want to handle the case because the driver of the vehicle was convicted of a felony and was held criminally responsible for his role in the injury to my son. When we met with Mr. Murphy, he told us that he would fight for our son as though Matthew were his own son; throughout the case, Mr. Murphy put the interests of my son first. Ultimately, Jim forced the auto manufacturer to settle based upon the powerful case Jim’s team had developed. Jim hired the best experts and worked relentlessly on behalf of our family. I could not recommend Jim Murphy more highly. He remains a friend of our family to this day.
In The News
Our firm started this page due to the number of requests our office routinely receives regarding our work on the Kristin Smart case. Our wish is to provide past information and current developments to keep the public conversation focused on finding Kristin.
Keeping Kristin’s story in the public eye since her disappearance, has always been the goal of James R. Murphy, Jr., A Law Corporation. We have worked diligently for Kristin and her family and will continue to do so until justice is served.
- Call 911
- Seek immediate medical attention and attend all scheduled doctor appointments
- Collect all contact information from bystanders and witnesses but keep your opinions about the accident private
- If you are able, take photographs of all vehicles, damage to the vehicles, and license plates of everyone involved in the collision
- Photograph the surrounding area including landmarks and any debris; document any surveillance cameras in the area
- Take photographs of your injuries immediately after the accident and throughout your healing process
- Journal your pain through recovery including any difficulties you have with daily activities
- Do not give a telephonic, recorded or in-person statement to any insurance agent before speaking to a personal injury attorney at James R. Murphy, Jr., A Law Corporation
- Do not post any photos or information about your injuries or accident on social media
- CALL OR TEXT 24/7 A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY AT JAMES R. MURPHY, JR., A LAW CORPORATION AND WE WILL RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE ACCIDENT PROCESS
Our main office is located in the
Historic Village of Arroyo Grande,
on the Central Coast of California,
15 minutes south of San Luis Obispo,
between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Email Us for Free Consultation
ARROYO GRANDE, CA 93420
Phone: (805) 489-8929 Fax: (805) 489-0663